Natural Beekeeping 101
ONLINE! Opens May 20!
It's possible for honey bee colonies to flourish year after year.
When I checked my colonies this spring, I wasn't surprised to see that all of them had survived the winter. Six years in a row! Even when my apiary was at its largest, my colonies were always big and healthy.
It's possible as long as you understand bees, and give them what they need.
It's true that there's a lot to learn and put together!
But this course doesn't cut corners, and you'll get *everything* you need. I want you to succeed, right from your very first colony.
Natural Beekeeping 101 gives you a comprehensive foundation for successful small scale beekeeping.
- 6 well-structured online classes. Videos, colourful photos, short readings, print-outs, and live Q&A's with the instructor.
- You'll learn everything you need for your first few years of beekeeping!
- Course OPENS May 20, 2021. You can take the course at your own pace, but the live Q&A calls will keep you motivated and on track.
Natural Beekeeping 101 starts with honey bee fundamentals,
- Bee conservation and what the bees really need
- Introduction to the natural beekeeping style
- The fascinating life history and development of honey bees
helps you choose the right beekeeping equipment for you,
- Equipment to buy - and not to buy - in your first and second years
- Where to buy - and not to buy - your honey bees
be smart about establishing your apiary,
- Best hive orientation and set-up
- Hiving your bees and raising them in their first year
- How to keep you and your family safe
keep your bees healthy through prevention, treatment, and seasonal care,
- Extensive review about hive pests, parasites, pathogens, and how to deal with them
- Extensive overview and details of best care for your colonies throughout the seasons
and harvest products of the hive.
Instructions for comb honey, extracted honey, propolis, and more!
Natural Beekeeping 101 also includes the Happy Hive Inspections mini-course
- Learn all the gentle bee handling and hive inspections skills that you need.
I'll support and answer your questions along the way
- In 2 LIVE group calls, (really fun because you can riff off other people's q's) which will motivate you to finish the course!
- With attractive and useful downloads designed to help you stay organized, and gather specific information for your area.
And you'll gain confidence that you can do this right!
"I learned so much that I really feel better prepared to attempt this hobby with confidence."
"We just wanted to say how fabulous the session was. Great narration, really clear explanations, and beautiful photographs. All delivered by someone who clearly loves bees."
"Excellent value! Very happy!" (past students)
The entire course (for one household):
6 video classes + hive inspection course + downloads (equipment pros/ cons, nucleus colony care, veterinary care, mite monitoring, feeding bees, beekeeping season, secrets of success, and more), and 2 live group Q&A calls.