Natural Beekeeping 101
A honey bee hive isn't just a box of insects.
It's a beautiful super-organism that gives life to the world. In return, they deserve our very best care.
Natural Beekeeping 101 introduces a caring beekeeping style. You'll get a comprehensive foundation for successful small scale beekeeping!
- 6 well-structured online classes. Videos, colourful photos, short readings, print-outs, and live Q&A's with the instructor.
- You'll learn everything you need for your first few years of beekeeping...in time to start your first hive in spring 2021!
- This is a tried and tested program. "Great information and very well organized", "clear and concise with lots of clever tips ... I would recommend this to anyone." (reviews from past students)
- Course starts January 22, 2021. You can take the course at your own pace, but the live Q&A calls will keep you motivated and on track. Open for late-comers - you can catch up on videos and join us for the calls.
This course starts with the honey bee fundamentals,
- A background about bee conservation, and what the bees really need
- Introduction to the natural beekeeping style
- The fascinating life history and development of honey bees
helps you choose the right beekeeping equipment for you,
- Equipment to buy - and not to buy - in your first and second years
- Where to buy - and not to buy - your honey bees
be smart about establishing your apiary,
- Best hive orientation and set-up
- Hiving your bees and raising them in their first year
- How to keep you and your family safe
keep your bees healthy through prevention, treatment, and seasonal care,
- Extensive review about hive pests, parasites, pathogens, and how to deal with them
- Extensive overview and details of best care for your colonies throughout the seasons
and harvest products of the hive.
- Instructions for comb honey, extracted honey, propolis, and more!
Natural Beekeeping 101 now includes a Hive Inspection Course BONUS!
- How to light a smoker, approach the hive, safely handle tools and frames, handle boxes, inspect the colony, close the hive.
- Professionally filmed.
You'll be supported along the way:
- With attractive and useful downloads designed to help you stay organized, and gather other relevant information for your area
- 2 LIVE group calls with an experienced beekeeper/ instructor, to answer your questions and help you stay on track
Gain the knowledge & confidence to start your own honey bee colonies. Learn how to help them thrive.
"I learned so much that I really feel better prepared to attempt this hobby with confidence."
"I have so many positive things to say about this course! So much knowledge, love, and respect for the bees."
"Excellent value! Very happy!" (past students)
The entire course (for one household):
6 video classes, downloads (including equipment pros/ cons, nucleus colony care, veterinary care, mite monitoring, feeding bees, beekeeping season, secrets of success, and more), and 2 live group Q&A calls.
INCLUDES A HIVE INSPECTION COURSE BONUS! (a $57 value)